View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 04:05 PM   #20
Kohnke Rebabbitting

Default Re: Counter balanced crank

I don't know about Physics, but 54 years of every day experience with thousands of crankshafts, balanced, or other wise, and way more bearings, rebabbitted, and with all cranks tested for straightness, and reground.

I can tell you that chunks of iron hung off one side on a T, A, or B, Ford crankshaft, is junk for balance, compared to the Ford designed weights!

Here is a good test that will explain a lot to anybody.

Take a small lathe that has the room to swing a balanced crank, and put it between centers. Then take a crank that has the weights hanging off one side. After it is between centers, put the lathe in the back gear, and run the lathe at the slowest speed it will run. Now between the gears when it is revolving, this is what your going to hear. Clunk Clunk, Clunk Clunk, as it goes around.

Why, because the crank has way more weight on the chunk of weight side, then on the pin side. So as you revolve the crank, the crank runs into its self, and then backs off again, when the force is neutral. A Ford crank weighted crank, will not do that.

So with a chunk of weight crank, and the harmonics it creates, it can hold back speed, gas mileage, Power, ect.

Ever wonder why there is such a difference in the way one motor runs, compared, to another, when they are both rebuilt, only just different builders. There is even way more then this!

Do the same with a Ford crank, or as we did with our copied Ford weighted crank, all you will hear is Quiet.

One of the shops that we weighted cranks for, told me last week one of the crank owners stop in to bring a different brand of car motor for rebuild, and he asked the motor owner about his "A" engine, and he said when it is idling, you can put your hand on the head, and if it weren't for the heat, you couldn't tell it was running.

Thanks

Herm.

Last edited by Kohnke Rebabbitting; 02-10-2018 at 04:37 PM.
Kohnke Rebabbitting is offline   Reply With Quote