View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 12:14 PM   #34
Ranchero50

Default Re: Restored Nebraska Model "A" Is junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro909 View Post
Hmmm, seems the "United States" are not very consistent!
I know many over there consider this country to be solialist but we are far more consistent. Once registered in one state, easy in any other.
It's all acedemic becasue I will never need to put a car on the road over there and most likely none of you will need to do it here. Each visit I make to the US reminds me that our two countries are nearly the same but at the same time, very different
It's all about a state's right to tax it's citizens. The federal government adds another layer for the whole US, the auto safety laws that passed in '67 are a good example. A while back the large semi's had different tags for each state they ran in and the drivers could have multiple licenses. The federal department of transportation got involved and "simplified" the process on a national level because those vehicles were used mostly for interstate transport. Cars are still used mostly for intrastate transport so the individual states control them.

Per the pieces to cars process in MD supposedly I can schedule and take my finished project to the central motor vehicle administration site and the MD state police will inspect and certify it as well as apply a state issued VIN plate.
Ranchero50 is offline   Reply With Quote