View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 02:05 PM   #387
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

Flying Fuzz’s RV7.

So you may understand the story I must explain the meaning of the word rating as it pertains to pilots. It is where a pilot receives specific training on some aspect of operation he is not at the time qualified to conduct or on a type of aeroplane he has not flown.
One day when I was working at Wee Waa. I drove to the main strip to show my friend Norm from Griffith who had called by.
Just by chance my friend Fuzz had arrived in his newly built RV7. He had built it himself and made a marvellous job. Fuzz I said, may I have a fly of your aeroplane. Of course Gary he responds.
I strap myself in and my friend Norm does likewise. Then Fuzz walks over and says “I’ll give you an endorsement gary” . I think this is a bit strange, but he owns the aeroplane, and I agree.
Fuss stretches his neck into the cabin and says I'll give you an endorsement on this type gary. He points his finger at the throttle. “line up and push this forward” then walks off.
We have 20 minutes flying. The aeroplane is a delight to fly and we enjoy it immensely.
When we land and disembark Fuzz and his mates are all having a laugh at me. Fuzz asks, do you remember giving me an endorsement in your agcat some years back?
No I don’t.
Well yes you did. You put yourhead in the cabin and said “line up and push this (throttle) forward. I too had agood laugh with the others at this practical joke or pay back.
The picture is from the internet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RV7.jpg (15.7 KB, 3 views)

And there are times when I have a long memory.

Last edited by woofa.express; 12-11-2018 at 04:31 AM.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote