Thread: Battery
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 04:31 PM   #26
30 Closed Cab PU

Default Re: Battery

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff/Illinois View Post
Mitch on another Ford forum talked about 'de-sulfacating' batteries. It made perfect sense. I bought a 12V-- .75 amp--slow charge battery tender he recommended and I use it on the 12V cars that don't get much use and it works. Works good.

They didn't have a 6V at the time I bought it, otherwise I'd get a couple of them too. The first phase of the charging cycle is to de-sulphate the battery and then it starts replenishing the charge after that.

It's out in the far garage now, don't recall the name of the unit, I bought it on Amazon and wasn't really all that expensive.

Always use distilled water nothing else in a battery and your radiator.

30 CCPU... I also get my 6V batteries from Farm King and Farm and Fleet and they last me a LONG time with battery maintainers. You can get them on sale for 39 bucks they run sales on them twice a year. Good batteries.

Another thing I've done is adjusted my generator to 2 amps output. I never drive at night, the truck always starts on 1st rev,and very few short hops of 5-10 minutes. Helps keeping the battery levels up. Not as much overcharging on my typical 15 minute or longer drives.
30 Closed Cab PU is offline   Reply With Quote