View Single Post
Old 09-20-2023, 12:43 AM   #32
GB SISSON

Default Re: Need 6V gas tank sending unit rebuilt

Or if you have converted to 12 v, a fuel gauge from a toyota landcruiser fj 40 will mount in your instrument cluster with little or no modification. It uses an ohm type sender the landcruiser places sell for 30 bucks. Or get one from toyota. Same depth gauge, same mounting to the ford 2 eared, 2 hole circular mount with the cross in the center. Get the stick on gauge face from a vintage ford place to make it look like your year ford.. I started playing with this last winter when I saw how similar the two instruments are. These are made by yazaki meter and I think available from toyota parts. No matter what you think about foreign cars the Japanese know their electrical systems. The gauge is a dead on bolt up to a '40-'47 panel and others that match that. I think I read the gauge has a resistor that turns 12 v to 7v. , but I'm no electrician, I just know what fits in that panel. My plan is to redrill the flange on the toyota sender, And there's nothing hanging under the dash. The toyota gauge is actually a tiny bit smaller on the face than the ford, the perspective shows the opposite.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fuel gauge.jpg (36.4 KB, 39 views)
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1946 Tonner Pickup with 226 H six, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, now wearing 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote