View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 03:55 PM   #126
Bruce in southern OH

Default Re: Yes, they are still out there!!!

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Closed the rumble seat and could not get open today, called Terry, OH and he called me back with the information. Where to look for problem and also how to access the cable behind seat, thanks for information!!!

OK, I got two other people besides myself. We took the 6 bolts loose that hold the front seat down to slide rails. Got two pieces of 6 x 6" wood blocks and some small pieces of 2 X 4 boards and we lifted the front seat up as high as I could because the interior and steering column. Then I reached up behind seat to see how the cable was routed. The cable had broke off from manual handle. Cut the cable with side cutters and pulled on the cable with everything I could. Don P. and my son worked on deck lid and it came open after about 15 minutes of pulling and cutting. This is the last thing I would have thought about checking, but now it is something else to fix. Don P and I then cleaned up the garage, got the car out and drove for first time out on main/public road to Scottown, OH and back to Proctorville, OH. (10 or 12 miles ) Did not miss a beat, this is first time in about 30 plus years it has been under its own power. Thanks everyone for all the help, going to Gallopolis, OH to meet up with Shadetree Saturday in the 34.
Bruce in southern OH is offline   Reply With Quote