View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 01:12 PM   #11
P.S.

Default Re: pop out cable restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrs1961815 View Post
I am not Tom, but it is quite a simple repair. The ball on the bottom has to be 1 inch diameter, but not perfectly round. Has to be a little close so it slips in between the forks. A machine shop should be able to do it, but a lot of model a'ers are doing it. If you live in California, there are a lot of people who do this (shops and hobbyists). You probably live too far from Tom but I am sure there is someone.

It is a simple repair for someone with that skill set. I'm an electrical and electronics engineer. I can design and build a radio or TV station with half my brain tied behind my back. Ask me to weld? That's my kryptonite.

I asked Tom because I have had dealings with him in the past and I know his skillset, and respect his opinions VERY much. I figured he could steer me to someone who would do it right the first time.

My local machine shop is closed. The one in the next town over is so busy, it would be at least a year before I got it back. He still has a set of rods I took over there a year ago for bearings to be poured. When I check, he says it's in the que.
P.S. is offline   Reply With Quote