View Single Post
Old 09-01-2020, 03:17 PM   #8
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: lifting off the body (Brent Terry)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Licensed to kill View Post
I've lifted off ( and put back on) a tudor body with no problem by running a 2X6 through the quarter windows and lifting with my picker. However, I now have to lift off a Deluxe delivery body and am unsure what is the best way to go about it since there are no quarter windows and the door openings are too far forward (and incomplete ATM). Pretty tough to lift manually from the sills since it has to go high enough to clear the steering. I suppose I could remove the steering but they were dropped onto the chassis in the factory somehow. I've watched assembly line videos from the model A era and they seem to do it like I did my tudor but haven't found how they did the deliveries. Perhaps Brent Terry can chime in on how he did it.

I am certain when you refer to "he", you are speaking of Henry or Edsel. I have not seen anything written or documented on this for the 79A/B, or 130A/B type bodies. Then, how about bodies such as the 76A/B, the 140A, -or even 150A/B where there is not even a (-or at least a substantial) roof to attach lifting points to. That will be interesting to research.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote