View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 11:08 PM   #33
FL&WVMIKE

Default Re: Would You Use it?

Regarding the use of two different gaskets on the same engine... The gasket needs something SOLID on both sides, or it will not seal. Running circles and trapezoids together will NOT seal. Plus, you're killing compression even if it would.

I'm no flathead expert. On OHV engines, the water pump drives the water through the block from front to rear... then there is an opening at the rear of the block for the water to flow up into the cylinder head, where it then flows forward and out the front of the head into the intake. From there it goes out the water neck into the top of the radiator. The only place water travels between the block and head (minus tiny steam holes), is at the rear of the engine.

ALWAYS use the correct gaskets... installed in the correct orientation. Compared to the hassle of something not working right, and all the work to change them... It's a no-brainer.

Good Luck!
Mike Jr. here. I get on here every few months to check messages, and look through his almost 500 saved messages for information on the '29 and '34 I still have. A lot of very nice people on here. He truly enjoyed Ford Barn.
FL&WVMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote