View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 11:34 PM   #7
Dick Carne

Default Re: Seat backrest springs

I took a quick measurement of the distance from the top of the rear seat frame to what I think was the floor of the rumble seat floor area on my 68C (I ran a metal tape measure from the back of the seat frame to what felt like the floor, but I was by myself and not able to confirm that the tape did in fact make full contact with the floor). That height was roughly twenty-eight-and-a-half inches tall from that position. By contrast, I also took a rough measurement from the top of the metal seat back on my '29 Briggs Town Sedan, to the outer floor sill, and that measurement was roughly 22 inches from the seat frame/back, and almost 25 inches to the top of the seat spring. My Cabriolet has the ratchet seat adjustment, the Town Sedan has the screw adjuster. I don't know if this will help, but hopefully it may shed some light on that portion of your question concerning the difference in seat heights between the ratchet style seat frame used on the 68C, and perhaps earlier screw type seat frames. I hope that this will help. Good luck on your project.

Dick
Dick Carne is offline   Reply With Quote