View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 10:14 PM   #54
Ranchero50

Lightbulb Re: Newbie '29 Speedster project, the good the bad and even the ugly (maybe)

Last week or so I decided to tackle the E brake and get it working while waiting to run to Bratton's for steering box bits.

Body out of the way Notice where the handle is in relation to the shifter. I had to move it back to get it out from under the dash.

A chunk of scrap steel in the mill magically turning into an adjustable rod end.

This is the rod for a side mount setup. I cut the old end off, threaded the shaft for 5/16"-24tpi and fit the rod end.

And installed in place. Pretty tight fit but it works and works well. Can't say that for the service brakes however (shakes fist in rage).

Finally a shot of the firewall with most of the parts connected. The starter rod needed extended an inch or so. Only bummer is the timing rod is just rubbing the head nut. Also note that the steering rod ends have been rebuilt with new cups and seals.

Once I get the fuel system installed I'm going to run out of reasons not to start this thing (or at least try)