View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 03:41 AM   #8
BILL WILLIAMSON

Default Re: Hotwell health heater

My '29 Coupe has about a 2 1/2" X 5" oval shape hammered into the firewall, directly behind the exhaust manifold, as if it was to give clearance for some kind?? of manifold heater. There is NO firewall hole. Maybe it was for some heater that was routed down & through the wood floorboard??
I have NO documented or written history on the car, but it came with lots of photos, NONE showing a heater. Welds in the sub frame shows that the cowl WAS replaced & that repair did away with the factory designation letters. The rest of the numbers ARE there. Rebuilder's placque says engine was built in 1987 & has maybe 40 miles on it. I rubbed my hand in the bottom of the oil reservoir & didn't even soil my delicate hand, dipper tray was the same, SHINY clean, cylinder walls shine like a mirror, & has new looking Champion-C-16-C plugs. Firestone tires still had the "nubbies" on the tread, but the sidewalls were cracked & some chunks fell off, BUT the tires never went flat while sittin' in my garage for 2 years! Vermin should be flyin' by the end of next week, if the ANTI-PAIN PILLS HOLD OUT!
Bill W.