View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 11:28 AM   #2
Tim Ayers

Default Re: Now it's junk from Carpenter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kube View Post
I have been a loyal customer and well, a fan, of Carpenter since 1973 or so.
It has become apparent that in the most recent years things are changing there.

Received a pair of hood supports for a '40 today. Vintique manufactured. Had I known that, I'd never have ordered them. As most of you seasoned V8ers realize, Vintique is synonymous with "junk".
The problem?
I am unable to swivel ANY of the pivot points. I may not be the strongest guy alive but Lord knows I should be able to move these.
I called Carpenter a moment ago and told them the issue. The fellow said they were aware of it. Really? And you still ship this garbage?
Got the return authorization but absolutely NO refund for my shipping fees to return.
So I am out $12 because they chose to ship a known bad product?

This is BS. My wife and I own a few businesses and on the rare occasion we "goof" we suffer ALL associated "damages". It is simply unfair for a client to lose a cent for our oversight.

I've read how large companies run statistics on return calls on defective products vs. fixing the cause of the problem.

If their number crunchers think it's cheaper to deal with returns they don't make the change. If it starts costing them money, they will.

I'm sure someone like Carpenter realizes their volume is so low on these types of items/sales, they are willing to roll the dice and keep selling junk.

I agree, you were owed shipping reimbursement once they told you they realized the part was junk. Shame.

Last edited by Tim Ayers; 02-24-2020 at 01:02 PM.
Tim Ayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)