View Single Post
Old 02-14-2016, 04:21 PM   #6
Larry Jenkins
BANNED

Default Re: Vendor Shock Absorbers

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron/IA View Post
Our club held its monthly tech session yesterday on Model A shock absorbers. One of our very knowledgeable members conducted it. He usually uses one of the handful of rebuilders in the country, as this method has been most cost effective, and the rebuilder he used most did a very quality job.

Of course we know you can buy new manufactured shocks; ie. Stipe, Brattons, Snyders, etc.

Recently, there has been a persistent rumor that the shocks sold by Brattons and Snyders when subjected to a very severe bump; the insides break.

Now, this is strictly a rumor. Currently none of our club members are using vendor sold shocks (only Stipe or rebuilt at present). So, since we do not have first hand knowledge of said shocks; I was wondering that those Model A owners who do could tell the rest of us their personal experience with them.

Personally, I would not hesitate to buy and use the vendor shocks; our vendors available to the Model A hobby do sell and service with quality.

I look forward to comments, and will forward said information to club members.

Thanks,
Ron is talking about Lee Votroubek and John Holland. Lee told me two days ago he was going to present a shock Seminar and wanted John Holland's phone number to obtain permission from John to do the rebuilding.

I tell you all this because John Holland just sent me four rebuilt shocks for my 30 CCPU.

Wonderful job. I recommend John very highly.. John is one of two in the Country with a stellar reputation.

Larry