View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 08:43 AM   #31
GOSFAST

Default Re: Cyl Heads-Navarro vs Edelbrock or Offenhauser

I would just like to add this, don't give up on these heads just yet.

My customer (Joe) will be speaking with H&H when these heads arrive back there. He may come back with some interesting info, I hope!

If these heads could just bypass the CNC'ing program I think they may be acceptible to use. This should affect the pricing on a positive note also, no "excess" machining would be needed, only the basic! I would like to know the "as-cast" chamber volumes, we have the ability to alter this number some, we'll see where this all goes? About 70 "as-cast" cc's would be a nice target number, we can mill them smaller or rework the chambers for a bit more, with 70 as the target we could vary the same casting from 64 (nominal) to 76 (nominal).

Thanks, Gary in N.Y.

P.S. I have to admit H&H is probably the very first vendor I got absolutely no "static" over the specific reasons for the heads to be returned and they DID listen closely. Mike seems to be very interested in some sort of compromise, again, we'll see where all this goes. Other than the excess machining the heads appear to "fit-the-bill"! I'll bring this post back when I can add more (maybe better) info.
GOSFAST is offline   Reply With Quote