View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 10:47 PM   #70
Lawson Cox

Default Re: Saving a family treasure...(1936 1and1/2 ton)

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmboy View Post
Also...lol..I am getting my stuff already to get it running as that is my first goal. I am confused about the coil, I cannot find one anywhere on this engine? I have looked online at where i'm getting some of my parts so far, and run onto this? I read where it sounds like the coil if mounted near the distributor in front of the radiator, this one must of fell off over the years or something? What about this kit where it can be relocated? What are the opinions on where I should go with this? thanks.
Your photo is of what some folks refer to as a Joe Smith coil conversion kit. (Although Joe didn't come up with it on his own, he copied an old one he found on some old engine I believe.)

It works pretty well. It is mounted on top of the distributor, which If the engine is anywhere close to a 36 engine is on the lower part of the very front of the engine, between the engine and the radiator. If any part of the old distributor is there, you can't miss it.

The flat plate in the kit mounts on top of the distributor body, the flat plate mounting where the old coil would have been. The coil itself can be pretty much fitted anywhere you would like to put it

It is better to be seen, than viewed.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".

Last edited by Lawson Cox; 09-16-2015 at 10:54 PM.
Lawson Cox is offline   Reply With Quote