View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 02:59 PM   #4
glennpm

Default Re: 34 Ford Crankshaft Pulley?

Hi Burley,

I'm in the middle of a pulley replacement on my 32. I had posted this in another thread:

"I have a 32 on a 59A with a single wide pulley but it is leaking. Can the 91A-6312 Single Sheave Pulley (wide belt) with a fan mount flange be modified to work by cutting off part of the hub and removing the fan flange part or perhaps 21A-6312 Dual Sheave Pulley (wide belt) - Pressed Steel - Wide Spacing work too if cut down?

What I really need is a good single wide part 81C-6312A though."

So from JM above, he confirms that the "double sheave" can work if cut down. No one responded on whether the one with the fan flange would work but I think it can.

I had to unbolt my front motor mounts, radiator bolts and jack the engine up about 3/4" using a wood frame I made. I pulled the bottom of the radiator out about 1-1/2 to 2". The hood and top radiator hoses were untouched. I loosened the oil pan bolts, more to the front and removed all bolts from the timing chain cover. I did both of these so that there was no chance of me messing up the oil seal rope in these two parts when I pulled and inserted the new pulley.

The crankshaft snout protrudes 1-15/16" from the face of the timing chain cover when you are figuring on clearance. the height of the single sheave pulley is right around 3".

Glenn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1003.jpg (34.1 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1033.jpg (88.8 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by glennpm; 09-25-2019 at 03:05 PM. Reason: added pulley height
glennpm is offline   Reply With Quote