Thread: elling my stash
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 07:45 AM   #14
oldandtired

Default Re: elling my stash

I accumulated a lot of pickup parts for 35-37's and 39's over the years. I had parts hanging in the shop, in two storage buildings, upstairs in my daughter's old bedroom, in the attic, under the beds in two of the bedrooms, and even in my son's tree house when he outgrew it. I told my wife it was my retirement savings. Well, I retired. Virtually all of the stash is gone now in terms of grills and sheet metal. My kids are not interested; neither can drive a standard and are not interested in no a/c, no power brakes, no power steering, no pricey electronics, and the like so the projects that are ready except for reassembly are just sitting there with no particularly good reason to put them together. I bought a 35 pickup to build for my son to drive to high school back when he was 12. I still have it with a good bit of the work completed, and my son will be 30 in March and still not interested. I have a grandson old enough to drive. He would love to have one of my pickups, but the one he wants is my Super Duty, not even my street rod.
oldandtired is offline   Reply With Quote