Thread: License Plates
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 07:30 AM   #15
77Birdman

Default Re: License Plates

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37 Coupe View Post
I have used YOM plates since the state of Ohio has allowed it. You also get historical plate to put under the seat for proof I guess. You can drive just about anywhere you want to and can always say you are test driving or something. It is an unbelievable bargain one price and it is cheap for as long as you have the car,no yearly fee. The people I see that are going to ruin it is the 25 year old car owners. See those plates on cars all the time at Walmart.Beat up 25 year old "classic" car with one time charge collector car plates on it.
Same policy as MD. It restricts driving but does not prohibit. HOWEVER, there was a case in the local paper a few months back that an officer stopped a mid 80's something at midnight with a car load of people. Big surprise, drugs were involved! Reason for stopping car was that it had historic plates and MD law says that 'you cannot transport passengers on a state road with historic plates'. He was def. looking for a reason to pull them over, and rightfully so, but I would think that clause should be taken out of the rules. I suppose when I take my wife and grandson to the monthly car cruise I am guilty as well, even though I am going to a 'car event'.
77Birdman is offline   Reply With Quote