View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 12:07 PM   #60
H. L. Chauvin

Default Re: What's a comfortable model a speed?

"Comfortable" Model A Speeds Can Definitely Be Drastically Altered by Serious Model A Owners Who Want To Listen to Sound Advice by Experienced Model A Forum Members.

I just removed my five, (50) year old, <hard as a rock>, 19" Goodyear forever wandering "Bias" tires and replaced them with five (5) new Coker 550/19 "Radial" tires.

For a true and honest evaluation, (as also kindly and seriously reported earlier by such gentlemen as Mr. John LaVoy, Mr. Carl G., and so many others):

1. With new "Radial" Tires, my 1930 Town Sedan's Sugar content has quadrupled; and,

2. My "Sweet Spot" has elevated so high that I'm not only looking for highly concentrated Lemon Extract to add to my gasoline and crankcase; but,

3. This Memorial Day Weekend I'm seriously contemplating washing my car with pure vinegar and sour pickle juice to lower this much elevated "Sweet Spot".

4. Even thinking about removing my Bill Stipe shocks because the far softer rides on back roads are so much softer than that told in the famous "My Pillow" TV advertisement.

But on a real serious note, Mr. John LaVoy was correct in saying that after installing new Model A Coker "Radial" tires, one will have an urge to drive one's Model A far more often, if not all of the time.
H. L. Chauvin is offline   Reply With Quote