View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 07:54 AM   #8
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Very sorry to inform you all about Steve Ryan

Steve was always a 'giver' and not a 'receiver'. Probably my fondest memory of Steve was at the first French Lick MARC meet when we were on the Fine-point mandatory tour, --which was a trip up to the golf course and back down that steep grade. Steve took it upon himself to stand at the bottom of the hill and stop cross-traffic (-which had the right-of-way) as Model-A's with misadjusted brakes came sailing off the hill. He just smiled as the Model-As came by trying to dodge them. I remember stopping at the stop sign to thank him and he jokingly told me to thank him later because there was someone flying down the hill behind me that probably wasn't gonna be able to stop. We both chuckled about that later that although I stopped like I was supposed to, I was in a bad location.

Below are a few pics of Steve assisting others. The first two are of the F/P participants at that year's meet;

This is a picture where we were receiving instructions on how to push our vehicles out to exit the building. That is me in the light blue shirt and my son behind me in the black shirt. Steve is just beyond me in the dark blue shirt pointing to the exit.

Steve assisting us as we exit the building and staging us for the Mandatory Tour. Again, he was always assisting someone else.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1189.jpg (91.3 KB, 212 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1190.jpg (102.1 KB, 212 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1221.jpg (87.5 KB, 212 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1240.jpg (63.7 KB, 211 views)

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote