View Single Post
Old 01-05-2022, 11:32 PM   #7
swedishsteel

Default Re: Best quality rattle can paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcarman View Post
I don't rattle can much as I haven't been doing much of that kind of work but I totally gave up on Rustoleum because the nozzles kept clogging, despite cleaning. It sends me over the top to spend 7 or 8 bucks on a can only to have it clog permanently mid job. I believe Kube had that same complaint sometime ago in another thread. I don't recall the brand of the last can I bought but it worked fine for its application clog free. I'll see if I can find it.

I think any rattle can that sits a long time needs to be shaken for a LONG time. My theory is that the pigment settles to the bottom, just as a can of liquid paint needs to be stirred after sitting. I put them in a vibratory tumbler and let them shake while I go do something else--have had good luck with doing that. Also, after use, I take the tip off and blow carb cleaner through it and then put it in a container with some sort of solvent so the paint doesn't harden in the tip.

To the original question, I've had good luck with Rustoleum. Takes a few days to really cure, but does last pretty good in some pretty harsh conditions like my 16 foot trailer here in the Minnesota salt.
swedishsteel is offline   Reply With Quote