View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 04:32 PM   #1
37 Coupe

Default Two Model A questions.

Two things about the Model A Ford I would like to ask. Being involved in quite a few 1936-1948 V8 Fords over the years,the last 48 actually,I don't understand why some if not most think the original steel to steel contact on front radius rod ball is better than what Ford went to later with the rubber ball cushion or bushing. Other than originality why or what am I missing? Different physics or motion? I don't even understand why the original was not meant to be greased at intervals or mayby you just had to remove the cap. The other question is the many Model A Fords that use the reproduction stainless steel radiator guard. Do most use for looks or tour cars that really are protecting the radiator? It seems every Model A I looked at to buy had on of these installed hiding a bad core or beat up fins. I always liked the '31 for some reason over the others even when I had a '30 roadster 54 years ago and I don't think I will hide it.Now I just invested with shipping close to over $900 for a Gery Berg radiator so mayby the protection theory seems more feasible?Most radiators I damaged was inside over the years with a mistake or two made.