Thread: Awwe Crap!
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2016, 09:14 PM   #177
VeryTangled

Default Re: Awwe Crap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford38v8 View Post
Jeff, I thought you were smarter than that. Most guys would have learned their lesson after the first two fuses!
Hi Everyone. Wait here. I was smarter than that. I'd given gave away my three spare fuses to a dude who was trying to get onto the show field and popping them like popcorn, all of his and some of mine, stuck at trailer parking at dawn. My brother Steve and I helped troubleshoot and left him with all my extras for safety (for him, as I'd find out).

Much later in the day, after the judging and before I could restock, my car blew one fuse that killed the headlights and we were, ahem, out after dark. I drove a little while, but after the locals were waving at us and not in a good way, I ducked into a large lighted parking lot where JM and Glenn came to the rescue while I snapped pictures, apparently. We were lucky to leave that Tilted Kilt joint when we did.

Back on topic. The wheel cylinders aren't leaking.

Those brake shoes, and I'm no expert, don't look like they've been making satisfactory contact with the drums. Also looks like newer material versus the fabric/asbestos of original, but you've got a later hydraulic brake setup that I know nothing about. I'll stop now. Not a mechanic, just playing one on TV.

Have you thought about supporting the Early Ford V-8 Foundation Museum?

Last edited by VeryTangled; 09-11-2016 at 09:25 PM.
VeryTangled is offline   Reply With Quote