View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 02:33 PM   #44
evobuilder

Default Re: 1932 serial number starts with D5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
All '32 body types were offered with either a four or V8, except that V8s were not released for use in commercial vehicles and big trucks at the beginning of the model year. The first commercial vehicle to offer the choice of engines was the station wagon in May, 1932, but the other commercials and trucks did not offer the V8 engine option until late in the model year. (It is highly likely that more V8-powered '32 pickups exist today than were originally built that way by Ford.)

The drive-away chassis offered by Ford used the same frame as that of the whole vehicles. Bare frames could be purchased through service in painted form and I've seen several of them in NOS form. Naturally they had no engine or any other numbers stamped on top of the frame rails.
Thanks DavidG.... my car will be here today (hopefully) and I will be able to post pics of the frame. The seller states that it is a rare 32 frame (the other guy I know with the same VIN starting ID has the same story for his frame).

My hunch is that the frame under the car I bought is a Model A frame and not a 32 frame, but since I have not seen the frame in person, I don't know what I don't know (except stories from two different people who have never met with the same story, as well as others).

We'll see soon enough, my car is supposed to be dropped off soon. I doesn't matter to me either way, I bought a great hot rod for a great price, but I always like to know what I don't know.
evobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote