View Single Post
Old 01-04-2022, 09:59 AM   #7
Gene1949

Default Re: Junkyard electric fan recommendations '49 F-47

Kilohertz;2091534]Thanks Gene,

I too saw that Volvo controller in my search. I have a 10SI alternator, I think 63 A, planning on putting in a 78A, should be enough. I was planning on putting the temp sensors in the ports behind the water pumps, or even the port on the passenger water pump. I have a brand new Aluminum rad so don't want to pierce the lower tank if I can avoid it.

Appreciate the info. Yes, re purposing rules with me, and most of the times the factory stuff is better built than aftermarket.
Great minds think alike

I would imagine mounting the sensors around the "cold" side of the pumps would be almost as effective as the lower tank.
I had considered upgrading to the bigger output GM (I too had the 10SI) but got to adding up my loading (Air conditioning, 800 watt stereo, electric fuel pump and upgrade lighting) it just didn't pencil out. Didn't take much effort to make the GM bracket fit the Ford alt.

While I was there I took the fuse/relay assembly and wired the entire car like the Taurus. The ignition switch does "pilot duty" essentially supplying power to the main relay that energizes the control side of the accessory relays.. I wanted the dash to be essentially dead when the ignition switch was shut down.
Gene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote