View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 01:29 PM   #11
JM 35 Sedan

Default Re: How far can we go to be Correct!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ View Post
I think this comes down to how far you want to go as an individual. If you want a good quality driver that's what you should build. If you want a show car and have an unlimited budget than go ahead and build it. It's all personal preference.
It's always been my opinion that if you are a V-8 Club member the club owes you a place to park your early V-8. If you show up and support a National Meet or any other V-8 Club function you should be recognized for your support of the club. The touring class V-8's far outnumber the concourse classes and without them there wouldn't be much of a concourse. It's all about the people having fun with their cars and enjoying the company of fellow V-8ers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat/Ohio View Post
Tom...I agree! Wouldn't be much of a show without the "Touring," Touring A," and "Rouge" classes. And I feel it is much nicer to see them parked together on the concourse. The color-coded windshield placards shows division enough.

Pat
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce_roadster View Post
I don't think the EFV8 club needs any more categories. There are enough to cover pretty much anything that shows up. I agree with TJ and Pat. I prefer all the cars parked together by year if possible with the placards identifying the class.
Until all deputy judges have Mike's level of knowledge for their particular Concourse class there will always be things that slip by, and I think most people can live with that.
You three guys have nailed it in my opinion. I totally agree with eveything you say and could not have said it any better myself.

I'm really looking forward to attending the EFV8 C/A GNM in Dearborn, MI next June, and I will enjoy looking at all the vehicles there from Disply to Concourse, as well as meeting up with old and new V8er friends.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote