View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 08:32 AM   #1
stangblue

Default How far can we go to be Correct!

I posted this under another thread here, I like to know other opinions and feelings as well. Do we need another class in the V8 club for the exact way the car ran off the manufacturers line? They have a class in MCA (Mustang Club of America) called Thoroughbred where cars have to have non DOT tires (prior 68 I believe) and the exhaust system dated (new)and all original new parts (meaning no repro's). Just as the car ran off the factory line. The cars have became statues where they don't even drive them. They put booty's on the tires so the sun doesn't cause dry rot and they push the cars around to the concourse. There are few that take up the challenge and believe me it's one for deep pockets. One member is a good friend of mine, so I know first hand.

Just a word on exact OEM. Putting sound deadner sp. in the doors and areas that will never be seen till the next person rips the car apart again. Should we not use plastic body fill and use lead instead? Do we restore our cars today with rubber parts in the fuel system (so they can blow up in size with ethanol) or use neoprene? Do we still use non detergent oils and paraffin grease etc. etc.? As a fellow car enthusiast once said, "Do we put Dearborn air in our tires as well?"

Last edited by stangblue; 11-26-2017 at 08:48 AM.
stangblue is offline   Reply With Quote