View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 03:06 PM   #20
Keith True

Default Re: Tainted BP gasoline alert

It's the same way here too Ernie.I've hauled gas,I got a surprise years ago when I went to the tank farm to load up.I got in line behind a half dozen different brand trucks.I was told that with modern day technology oil is cracked into gas at the same specs. Name specific additives were added at the loading process.There a couple of tanks at that tank farm that are name brand,one is Irving,but they even have their own ships.The BP in town is not owned by BP,and hasn't been for years.The owner of the business,or lessee,told me that BP sold off a lot of their retail operations in the northeast many years ago.When they sold them off the BP name and credit card accounts went with the deal.He writes his checks to Getty.He also said that another BP about 16 miles away has no connection the his parent company,they write their checks to north something petroleum.We don't really know where our gas comes from.It may be different in other parts of the country,but here in Newington at the farm they are community tanks.You can really pick up some interesting tidbits from the tank farm workers while standing by the rack loading.They get a lot from the boys working on the tankers while they unload.It takes a while to pump off a tanker,a job with hours of boredom.Everybody has to be on alert,in case of a thousand possible mishaps.You just stand there for hours on end and watch.
Keith True is offline   Reply With Quote