View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 09:48 PM   #18
Swingle

Default Re: Collector Car Insurance

I have Hagerty, insure my 3 cars with them.

Days of old, Hagerty wanted you to just drive your cars for car club stuff, no going out for cruises - just club events and parades. They have changed, and want you to drive the cars, just not to work.

A few years back, had some damage done to the car, and called it in for a claim, which they handed off to a local adjuster. The Adjuster calls to set up a time, but due to my work schedule, would not be home until after 6 pm.

Don't know if this cut into her "Happy Hour" time or what, but she asked if I could leave the car parked outside so they could come out and look at the damage. I told them no, as I am not going to leave my antique car sitting outside.

She then asked if I could leave my 40x60 shed unlocked, so they could come over and look at the car. Of course, I told them no to this also.

Of course, this is not the fault of Hagerty, as it was an Adjuster in my area that they had on call to go out and look at my car.

I called Hagerty, went as far up as I could and told them about this - that they wanted me to leave my antique car sitting outside while I was at work, or to leave my shed unlocked while I was gone - just so it fit into their schedule.

Hagerty dropped me a letter in the mail, apologizing for what happened. They told me to have the car repaired, send them the bill, and they would cover the cost.

I also have their Roadside Assistance. Everytime I have used them, both on modern and antique car, I have had problems with their service.
Swingle is offline   Reply With Quote