Thread: 8rt bellhousing
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 04:14 PM   #24
GB SISSON

Default Re: 8rt bellhousing

Thanks for all the info. Can't really see the back side of installed plate til I pick it off the tire. The 9" clutch is because I have a couple of projects going at once. The pickup based woodie and the tonner pickup. I always use 11" clutches in my tonners and larger trucks. I tend to haul a lot of weight and pull tandem axle trailers etc. The 9" clutch would be for the woodie. I'm hoping to find a 3 speed transmission for that one. I hauled 4 jailbar trucks from Eastern Washington last fall that were part of a trade. None of them had an engine, but the 8ba was in the deal. I have been calling this engine with the 11" clutch an 8rt but noticed it has 8ba on the heads. Not sure when I will complete these projects or what engines I will use. I have 3 59 abs here in various stages. I just hate having junky stuff like dead engines and dead trucks all over the place. I like an engine properly stored that is complete and is known to run. That's why I want to complete these 8ba's. As long as I can remember I have loved to take engines apart and put them back together. Clean and freshened up, but not always rebuilt the way some do here. Here's my first tonner, a 38 that I hauled with back in the '80s. Mehanical brakes, 59ab with 4" crank, switched it to 12 v so I could use electric trailer brakes!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4098.jpg (58.4 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4102.jpg (39.0 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1030.jpg (53.7 KB, 25 views)
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote