Thread: Restorations
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 04:37 PM   #3
charles in east texas

Default Re: Restorations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Ron View Post
I know this isn't going to sit well with those that spend the time and money to do a complete restoration of a car, regardless of what kind. I'll admit they're a beautiful sight to see and bring back memories of a time long aga when everything was grand. I walk throught musemes and explain to my grand kids how nice i was to drive that old Model T down the gravle roads of Wisconsin in a time long past, and I respect those that do these things. However doing this for a daily driver or something for the grand kids is definately a waste of time and money. The first time it breaks down and the local auto shop says take to someone that know about them. And when they find out their not many left that do and the parts are not available, and if they are the cost is out of sight. Also with that said, the finished product is unsafe in present day trafic. The car/truck will sit in a garage until someone finds it again and the process will start all over. What you might consider is restoring it to look like it did 50-60 years ago, but with better steering, brakes , set belts, Etc. Now they can get some enjoyment from your labors. I'm going through this with my 47International now, and trying to find pats is a problemnow, just think how hard they'll be 20/30 years from now.
Oil' Ron. Google:Gibson Truck and Tractor in Winnsboro, TX. And talk with with Charles Gibson. He might can help you with 47 International parts. Charles
charles in east texas is offline   Reply With Quote