View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 05:46 PM   #15
wingski

Default Re: to drain or not to drain

The reason I want to check the torque on everything down under is because when I bought the cabriolet it was spotless. It still is. No dirt, no leaks, and no grease. However, almost every nut and bolt on this car was only finger tight, maybe a little bit tighter than that, but way too loose. If I would have tried to drive it when I got it home, who knows what would have fallen off, been lost, or whatever.

When I did get it running and drove it down to my neighbor’s to show off, he thought he could hear some bottom end noise. I couldn’t, but my hearing really sucks. I don’t know if Ernie was just jealous of my beautful blue cabriolet, or if he really heard something. For an 89 year old guy, his hearing is phenominal though.

So, that’s the reason or reasons to pull the pan.

Oh, by the way, this thing has a spin-on filter. And like I said, nothing cruddy to get in the oil when I drop the pan. And thanks for the advice, I am going to drain the oil before removing the pan. I decided I want to check closely for any metal down there, so I’d have to drain it anyway.

Thanks again, you guys are great,

Mike
wingski is offline   Reply With Quote