View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 02:35 AM   #9
Dodge

Default Re: Fires in Santa Rosa

Its crazy out here fires all around and still from 0-2% contained. It keeps spreading.
I have had several family members evacuate, my niece at 4:30 in the morning and
only one way out thru fires on both sides of the road and embers flying everywhere taking
nothing with them and everyone in their pajamas. Other cousins have evacuated and
no one knows whether the have a home left or not.
Several customers and friends have lost their homes.
We had a fire on the hill behind our shops that burned 1500 acres and stopped within
50 feet of one of the shops. Luckily there were sheep eating all the grass and there were
no trees to speak of so low fuel load.
It looks like a large control burn back there. That was Monday and all the roads were shut down so we couldn't get to our shops.
The last couple of days we have been going to friends and customers homes ahead of the fires and bringing cars down to the shop. So far we have gotten 20+ cars out.
A couple of them just ahead of the flames. This afternoon we got 4 cars and two motorcycles out of Calistoga.
The road was closed about 400 feet before the property we were going to and the fire was up on the ridge above us. The CHP gave us 20mins. to get in and out so we grabbed
all the pictures and personal things we could out of the house and the vehicles out of the
garage. We were out in 15mins.
I don't know what tomorrow brings. The fire is headed towards a friends place that has
over 100 cars on the back of his property. Guess we'll just have to pick and choose.
Crazy Crazy
Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote