View Single Post
Old 12-28-2018, 04:24 PM   #412
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40 Deluxe View Post
Not surprising, seeing that Australia's first European "settlers" arrived against their will, being that they were mostly convicted criminals.

yes, that's quite correct Mr 40. What once was considered a disgrace or shameful has now turned into a status. It was only when my wife Patsy started doing family history that I learned my ggg grandfather was one and his son who would be my gg grandfather married a convict too. Both convicts were thieves, the former, with others stole 20 pound and the later, clothing. When I visit England, which is not frequent I look at the people and thank god for my thieving forebears. And the judges that exiled them.
The family had a split and my section moved to New Zealand chasing gold and then to California for the same reason. My g grandfather was born in Sacramento. Later returned to New Zealand where I was born. Then I returned to Australia and I will not be going any further, that is won't be going to England.
Yes, Australia was settled by convicts including my forebears. Do I care. Yes, if it wasn't I could be living in England. Not much adventure there.

and it's nice to hear from you Mr 40.

And there are times when I have a long memory.

Last edited by woofa.express; 12-28-2018 at 04:35 PM.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote