Thread: Engine SLUDGE
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 11:17 PM   #6
SeaSlugs

Default Re: Engine SLUDGE

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by al's28/33 View Post
Excellent topic for discussion, Douglas!! .... I am just now changing the oil in both my "A" and Early V8, a '33 pickup.

After a 40 minute jaunt along two lane country roads (cruising along at 35-40 mph) this past weekend, I returned to my garage and promptly removed the oil plug and drained the pan. Repeated with the V8. I then check and lube all grease fittings, check brake rods, tire pressure, headlights, stoplight, horn motor and all other obvious lubricated joints as well as tightening any loose nuts before securing the drain plug and filling with 5 quarts of new oil. This weekend coming up if we have any sun I'll give them both a fresh waxing, polish the chrome, top off the radiator and clean the windshield streak free!

500 miles for every oil change sometimes comes around too often, but this time it's been just about 11 months since the last oil change. I guess my 2017 resolution is drive them more!
dont forget the distributor and upper distributor hole and throttle bracket oil cups and starter and generator bushings get oil