View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 09:51 AM   #3
wingski

Default Re: windshield scratches

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL WILLIAMSON View Post
PATIENCE, HELL---I want it NOW!!!!---WHAR'S my MEDS???---HEY, Dog, "Whar's my MEDS"???
Bill Nervous
Hey Bill, you nailed it about the meds. Yesterday morning I had to go without because I had to have a blood test at 8:05 am. My god, I almost turned around as I drove to the doctor to get my wife to drive me instead. I know the meds are important to the quality of my life, but geez I hate to be so dependent on anything. I can’t blame it all on old age because of all the injuries I’ve accumalated along the way. Almost all of them happened while I was doing something I loved, especially racing and I wouldn’t change anything. However, holy crap some of those injuries really like to come back and bite me in the ass.

The one time I didn’t injure myself doing something really dangerous was when I initated I-5 in my ’65 white XKE Jag. The freeway had been completed but wasn’t open to the public yet. I told almost everybody I knew about what I was going to do and where. They showed up along side the freeway at every mile marker for five miles with cold beer and stopwatches. My average speed for those five miles was 160, and that new pavement felt soo good. I can’t describe the sound of the Jag at 160, but it was totally awesome.
wingski is offline   Reply With Quote