Thread: gas tank welt
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2016, 07:12 PM   #2
bnchief

Default Re: gas tank welt

Larry i just did mine the welt bead should be visible between the tank and windshield filler put the welt in place clamp the windshield filler to the tank you will see two big hole in the dash rail those are the bolts you want to put in to bolt the windshield filler to the tank also put the bolt in each end of the tank and thru the windshield filler. Go get some 3m double sided tape land it where the gas tank welting goes then cut the welting to correct length and place it down over the double sided tape. What i did to make the holes which worked very well was to use a center punch and a propane torch I heated the end of the punch and used it to make the hole just perfect when it is hot it will cotterise the welt around the hole. i cut a piece of 1x4 steel strap drilled a hole in the center stuck it in the tank to suspend it with my cherry picker put the two windshield filler screws in first and the let the tank down in place at the front, Go to the lumber yard they make plactic wood shims now and these will help to give a little clearance to get every thing in place.. follow the book in what it says to cut the welt to follow the curve old strips of jean work well to pull dow n the welt hope this helps.
bnchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)