View Single Post
Old 03-06-2021, 03:43 PM   #20
JayJay

Default Re: Changing of the Guard

I'm a bit of a retread - I played around with As when I was in high school in the late '60s, then had a hiatus for close to 50 years until I got back in it a bit over a year ago. Both of my kids have flown the coop and established themselves as healthy, productive young adults (great for them) but that means they never had the chance to grow up around As. I'm hoping that at least one of my cars ends up with one of the kids. My goal is to drive the Town Sedan from California to Wisconsin, where my daughter and her family live (ironically, the car came to California from a town in Wisconsin about an hour from where they live now). I'm hoping that will stimulate an interest from at least my son-in-law, and perhaps the grandkids too. Maybe I'll even get some interest from the kids in the neighborhood, that would be cool too.

Even if there's no family to share with, I'm having a ball with the As, with this forum and with the local club. As far as the club, there are a few folks younger than me but not too many. Clubs in general are seeing a "graying" of their members. Maybe there are just too many other things competing for people's attention, but driving these lovable old cars around never fails to get me a wave or smile. There's nothing like a good enthusiastic ahooga to get people laughing.

JayJay

------------------------
1930 Murray Town Sedan
1931 Briggs S/W Town Sedan

Last edited by JayJay; 03-06-2021 at 11:38 PM.
JayJay is offline   Reply With Quote