View Single Post
Old 04-02-2021, 08:06 PM   #18
GB SISSON

Default Re: Covid excuse to play hookey

Well now it's Friday and so I worked a half day... The second half. This morning I got the parking brake assembly mounted and functional. These Toyotas have the parking brake, which has internal expanding shoes mounted on the rear of the transfer case. I counted 30 actual pieces to assemble in position to activate this drum brake. OR buy a 30-31 model A parking brake assembly for 95 bucks on Ebay to expand those shoes. I fabbed up a rather complex bracket (in yellow) to adapt the model A lever to the side of the toyota's 4 speed tranny.. Fully adjustable in all directions, and with all partys rebuilt it takes the first two clicks to lock up the mechanism. Hoping to call a few pals by tomorrow afternoon to set the front clip back on and pull this jalopy outa the shed ....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Model A PB good.JPG (137.6 KB, 678 views)
File Type: jpg fuzzxy PB.JPG (116.9 KB, 672 views)
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote