View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 07:50 AM   #83
Keith True

Default Re: Model A destruction

There was an A coupe owned by a scrapyard owner near me.He had owned it since the 50's,tinkered it up a little,dual sidemounts,rumble,cowl lights,kind of what you would expect back then.After he died his widow looked at some prices and thought it was worth a fortune.It really was too high,and she did adjust the price once she discovered the facts.Everybody that knew the car was after it to build a rod with.She held out to sell it to somebody that would keep it original.One of her husbands former customers showed up,wanting to buy it.He told her how he wanted to keep it just the way he had been seeing it for the last 30 years.She dropped the price some more,he bought it,and the body was off it that afternoon.I got the fenders and frame,my friend got the engine and axles,the parts went all over the area.He told her what she wanted to hear,and as he put it,the junkyard was closed,so he wouldn't be doing business there again anyway.He waited a couple of months before selling off the parts,but the word had gotten back to her the day after he bought it.
Keith True is offline   Reply With Quote