Thread: Dipstick level
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 05:51 PM   #15
Forddan

Default Re: Dipstick level

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavArian View Post
I know, Werner. I'm thinking about completely emptying tank and carb and leaving the fuel cap open through the winter. The car is standing in a small, unheated single garage, but I think I could get problems with condensation. Maybe I'll just empty it and fill it up with 0% ethanol fuel or use a fuel stabilizer.

Aren't the motorcleaner products we can buy too agressive for these old motors?
I had for only 1 Massachusetts winter my Tudor 1929. The car spent 3 months inside the barn. It is big barn. 3 cars can fit
Inside it. Barn was unheated . In January - February exterior temperatures are between -11C to - 20.. I drove the car for the first time the 1st week of January with -11 C that weekend. Then went for hibernation with the tank 3/4 full. Car has always anti-freeze in the radiator. Also in summer.

Every 3-4 weeks I visited him and started the engine. Always started right away. I had it working for, let say, half an hour. Then off and return to my house walking through the snow.

When spring came and the snow was melted the Tudor saw the sun again.

The 2 previous owners, from Massachusetts too, never told me to add anything to the gas (summer/winter) beside MMO oil.

I hope this helps.
Forddan is offline   Reply With Quote