View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 08:23 PM   #6
Kube

Default Re: Shout out to Kube and 35fordtn

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meric42 View Post
Those of you that have seen my posts may have noticed that for quite some time I have been searching for the illusive unobtainium i.e. an 01A-1453 spare hold-down bracket for each of my two '42 Sedan delivery's.

Early Saturday morning (New Zealand time) I woke and checked my phone to find a PM (via the Ford Barn) from Kube, as well as an email from eBay, alerting me to a recent listing (by Michael Driskel) of a NOS piece of the aforementioned unobtainium. I hit the buy now option without hesitation.

I would like to publicly thank both Kube for remembering my search and Michael for listing the item at what I can only describe as a very fair and reasonable price.

Below are pictures of the NOS part from Michael and my attempt at a copy based on photos I found, using a reproduction convertible part as a start point.
Very kind of you but certainly not necessary to thank me. Lord knows the countless amount of time I've searched for some elusive part. It's quite rewarding to match a part with a good guy (you) that needs it.
I've long had a special place for you guys in new Zealand and Australia. I can only imagine how difficult it is to restore a car in your countries.
So, what else ya need?