View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 08:15 AM   #52
Corley

Default Re: FSI distributor issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by denniskliesen View Post
My past experience with pertronix was in a different application. Others who had them in the same vehicle as I that had experienced failures realized straight up that it was a must to have resistor plug wires and resistor spark plugs along with the correct coil. I had considered going with a FSI setup when getting my Model A running but decided to keep it more original in appearance with the distributor and plugs and wires.
I run resister wires, don't know if they are required, but I figured they would be used with the original Honda application. Still can pull better than an inch of spark at the plug. This is basically just lifting the entire ignition system from the Honda, so should be super reliable. But, like I said, I'm not the expert, I just did what some other guys in the SF Bay area started doing 25 years ago, and the one who got me on to it has never had a failure using this setup.

The Pertronics, on the other hand, seems to have quite a few failures, so probably needs the high resistance coil, a ballast resister, resistance wires, resistor plugs, or etc. to live.
Corley is offline   Reply With Quote