View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 07:13 AM   #30
Terry, NJ

Default Re: On german roads with a trailer

I'm getting forgetful and I don't like going alone, but My great great Grandfather came from a place called Breitenbach, in Bavaria and I'd like to see it. Another ancestor came from Giesen, Brabant in Nederlands, My G.G. Grandmother came from Schweiz (Helvetia). I've met my Irish and English relatives (Co Roscommon and Mousely, Leiscestershire. Most Americans have relatives in Europe and feel strong pulls to visit and see it.
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christoph View Post
Once you love german bread (germany has got most different types of bread on this planet), you need to come again and i will help you to raise your love to german sausages ( Jaaaa - most different types of sausages on this planet) 😊 Funny – once you go 300miles to the left äh sorry west, shops just will offer something called sandwhich which aint really bread (sorry my friends in netherlands – i got to say the truth). Once i travel, i love to come back home due to bread and sausages.

@Henry31 As said earlier, most pre-war-cars where killed in WW2. Remaining ones where scraped in "Wirtschaftswunder". Most actual old cars came (back) from other countries. My Model A talks Dutch (i bought it in netherlands) Next model A (known to me) is located 100 miles away. No parts to find here! EVERY spare-part to be bought in USA (at MACs or Snyders)

@Terry Good, that your woman is american 😊 btw Europe has got lots of languages. So the only language to „work“ anywhere is english. Best English language-education is in scandinavia. All sandinavian people (Norway) talk perfect english (Of course you can survive in germany just talking english).

@Ray Im with you. Swiss Alps are just “marvelous“. We did them 2 years ago on our way to Rome and we loved to be there https://www.motor-talk.de/blogs/chri...-t5295612.html

All of you have a great "A" -day
Terry, NJ is offline   Reply With Quote