View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 12:44 PM   #1
Oilslickwillie

Default Fuel sender adjustment???

Hello, I have searched the many posts here about fuel sender problems but did not find an answer to my particular problem. First let me say, the previous owner of my car did everything back-axx-wards and now I have the task to try and figure where he went wrong. I have a 55 Ford.
Note: I am not using the original fuel gauge, I am using a 12 volt gauge since the car is now 12 volt. I purchased a 12 volt sending unit from Mac's. I sat in the front seat while holding the new sender in my hands and wired the gauge + to the ignition hot. I wired the sender post on gauge to center post of sender unit. I grounded the gauge and the sender to a good ground. When I turn ignition on, the gauge reads a little over half a tank. Keep in mind, the sender is in my hand and the float is all the way down so I would think it should read empty. It's above half but when I lift the float rod upwards, it goes to full as it should. When I let it go it goes back to a little over half. Why not to empty. What am I missing. Seems easy to wire but not right. Any suggestions. Thanks.

Last edited by Oilslickwillie; 04-15-2016 at 12:55 PM.
Oilslickwillie is offline   Reply With Quote