View Single Post
Old 11-29-2021, 01:08 AM   #13
alexiskai

Default Re: Accelerator Linkage Modification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtrack49 View Post
The hand throttle will not hold in position.
I had this problem on my '29 with a 7-tooth column. The quadrants are mounted on a ring that fits around the column and is held in place by screws on either side, but the holes around these screws had wallowed out, allowing the quadrant to slide down the column enough that the notches didn't hold the control rods in place.

I solved the problem by first getting the ring as far up the column as possible, and then drilling a small hole through the top of the ring into the column, being careful not to drill into the shaft. Then I screwed a tiny sheet metal screw into the hole to lock the ring down. The notches now hold the control rods in place very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtrack49 View Post
Has lots of movement before it starts to push the linkage
This can be caused by either or both of two issues. First, the lever arm at the bottom of the control rod may be at the wrong angle when the lever at the steering wheel is fully up. Second, the linkage rod connecting that arm to the bell crank may be the wrong length. You can adjust one or both of these so that the "up" setting on the throttle lever positions the bell crank just shy of the throttle arm. I have a video that illustrates this problem.

Last edited by alexiskai; 11-29-2021 at 01:16 AM.
alexiskai is offline   Reply With Quote