View Single Post
Old 06-27-2021, 10:21 AM   #181
sugarmaker

Default Re: 1932 The Deuce, Dually, Dump Truck

David,
Dang was hoping for some Ford transition year improvements! Like the balanced crank shaft. Thanks for the warning. My plan is to have this opened to do a review. But I do know how this slippery slope goes on these projects! You pull the engine and then will be working on the tail lights!
Oil pump, yes understand! I did not do that on a Allis engine and had to pull it again and go through it.
My friend John said he would come and help remove the "B" engine. I will evaluate the transmission removal combo. Since he is a Model A guru that should help a bunch too. Not sure how the frame and commercial configuration is compared to a car??

Used a dremel and sanding sleeves to remove the slight ridge in the axle where the old worn out seal had worn into it. Better that what it was smoothed out. I did price a speedia sleeve. it was about $50. I have install them before, this one would be a challenge because it is at the back end of the shaft near the base.

I got the seals installed in the rear inner drums, after packing the bearings.
The red is the seal. Filled the spring side with grease then used my all-thread contraption with a set of plates and spacers to pull the seals into the home position. Crude but effective!
Bearings in, ready for the seal. Thease are 4 inch o.d. 2.875 i.d. x .40 inches thick, from Snyder's

Seal started:

The set up for holding the drum.

Seal tucked in with snap ring in position:

Drivers side done. Also completed the Passengers side. Just will need to do final brake tuning.

Regards,
Chris
Lots of Allis tractors
Some Cub Cadets
sugarmaker is offline   Reply With Quote