View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 03:17 PM   #16
Synchro909

Default Re: Need help! Just bought my first classic car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan2014 View Post
That’s why I came to this forum to get different opinions. Post #12 makes the most sense. Keeping mine as is and find another project car that’s been cut up to mess around with.

Like I mentioned before I had a strong feeling against cutting it up but post #12 definitely made some sense.
Agreed, #12 makes sense. My thoughts are if you cut it up and make it the kind of car you mention, it will forever only be that - something you made and there are LOTS of people who think just like you and want to drive a car they can say they made. Your car won't interest them when the time comes to sell it. On the other hand, no one makes them like yours is now any more.
If it is the attraction of more power that is what lures you, learn to take your time and enjoy the car as it is. Ever noticed how the guy who takes off from the lights like a startled rabbit will be waiting for you at the next set of lights? What's the point? Anyone can drive a car with powerful engine, automatic transmission, disc brakes etc. There is no achievment in that!
It's your car but it would be a shame to see it destroyed.