View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 12:27 PM   #16
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Psychological pressure from this forum to "upgrade". Fake news?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2M View Post
No, no, no! This thread is not about taking away your constitutional right to cut your car into little pieces then eat it if you so wish to do. It's about a fake narrative that's being promoted on this forum.

A narrative that would suggest someone who's unlikely to drive more than 1000 miles a year MUST have a o/d tranny and later wire wheels for 16" radials, etc. etc. etc.

Sorry, that's fake news that's being promoted by people with an agenda or by gadget freaks (mentioned by some else above). These gadget freaks add things to their cars for the sake of adding things. They're the type of people that camp overnight outside an Apple store to be the first to get the new iPhone.

This is EXACTLY what I was discussing in a different thread earlier. Some of the most heated debates have appeared here over the mindset that a modification must be made because they plan to drive their Model-A. It then becomes a battle of justification. No one tends to be honest any more and describe their vehicle as it truly is. Everyone likes to use the words 'Barn Find' to imply it is something that it really isn't. How many times have you heard someone brag their car is a 'Survivor Car'? Oh, I don't want a Fine-point car as I want to drive mine.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )